September 8, 2019 - The 52nd Balkan Sailing Championship continues. After a rainy morning with no wind, the weather changed over the day in favor of sailors and organizers. The second day of the competition brought a lot of excitement. Three regattas in all classes were sailed.
September 5, 2019 - The 52nd Balkan Sailing Championship begins Friday in Tivat, the first major international competition in this sport in Montenegro. More than 250 competitors from the countries of the Balkan Sailing Federation and surrounding states arrived in Tivat. The regatta will be inaugurated at 7 pm on the Pine waterfront, officially opened by the Minister of Sport of the Government of Montenegro, Nikola Janovic.
An exceptional sailing regatta - from Lustica Bay Marina to Lastavica Island and back, will surely be one of the most exciting routes for this sport in the Boat area and provide undoubted challenges for sailors as well as enjoyment for sailing enthusiasts watching the competition from the mainland.
On Saturday, August 31, a regatta transfer will be organized, from Rose to Lustica Bay Marina, where a berth is provided for all regatta participants. The Cup will be held on Sunday, with the finals being awarded at 5 pm.
Boaters have access to the coast provided by the marina, as an undoubtedly attractive destination for the development of nautical tourism. The infrastructure and logistics of the company have made sailing in the Bay of Traste accessible and thus an outing to the high seas, which is very important for sailors. In early June, a small regatta was held in Traste Bay, for Optimist and Laser classes, the organizers said.
28 August 2019 - The 52nd Balkan Sailing Championship will be held in Tivat from September 6 to September 11, according to the organizer, JK Delfin Sailing Club. The main sponsor of this international competition is the Municipality of Tivat with the support of the Ministry of Sport, Ministry of Tourism, Tivat Tourism Organization, Montenegro Sailing Federation and many sailing partners and friends.
The competition is organized for the Olympic Laser class and the Optimist class, with national teams from the Balkan countries - Bulgaria, Greece, Romania, Northern Macedonia, Serbia, Turkey and Montenegro participating, and in general sailors from Croatia, Slovenia and Italy are expected to attend, about 300 participants in total.
The opening ceremony on the Pine waterfront, which will be preceded by participant defiles led by city music, is scheduled for 7 pm when Nikola Janovic, Minister of Sport of Montenegro, will open the competition. JK Delfin is completing the preparations for the competition with the great help of representatives of local public companies that are on the organizing committee formed by the Municipality of Tivat, headed by the Mayor Dr. Siniša Kusovac. The president of the competition is Ilko Klakor, coach of JK Dolphin and coach of the national team of Montenegro, who says with undeniable pleasure:
“Of course, I am proud of what we have achieved so far and that we have been allowed to organize the Balkan Championship. It is a great pleasure for all the hard work, effort and renunciation that we put into it, which is not hard for us because we love sailing and the club. With the advice of people who have preserved the tradition and the existence of the club, with a team of enthusiasts who are small but select, we have been able to improve the sports activities of the club, put it on healthy feet, achieve great results. Organizing the 52nd Balkan Championship is a big challenge," Klakor said. He thanked the Federation, the Ministry of Sport, the Montenegrin Olympic Committee and especially the Municipality of Tivat “for helping the club print a new page in the history of Tivat, JK Delfin, sailing in Montenegro and Montenegro itself.”
During the Balkan Championship, competitors will sail on two regatta fields in the Bay of Tivat, a total of 11 regattas for four classes in four competition days. The Montenegrin national team will exercise its right to participate in the extended squad so that 37 sailors from domestic clubs will participate.
27 August 2019 - On Thursday, August 29, the Tourist Organization of Podgorica is organising the Podgorica 2019 Regional Kayak Regatta on the Zeta and Morača Rivers. While announcing the event, the representatives of this organization highlighted that this is one of many events which will be organised to improve the tourist offer of the Capital.
The start of the regatta is, as reported by TO Podgorica, at 9.30 am at the Pričelje settlement on the Zeta River, and the medal award ceremony is planned for 11 am at Sastavci, which is the location of the finish line of the regatta.
"This is a regional event which is organized for the purpose of tourist valorisation of the rivers of Podgorica through the promotion of water sports, as well as additional promotion of the potential for the organisation of sports regattas and competitions," the TO representatives said for RTCG. Kayaking teams from Montenegro, Serbia, Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina are expected to participate in the event.
The Podgorica 2019 Regional Kayak Regatta is part of the EU IPA RiTour Cross-Border Cooperation Project of which the Podgorica Tourist Organization is a partner.
“In order to further promote and affirm the Morača River, as well as its potential for the development of selective forms of tourism and numerous sports, on Thursday, August 29, we will organize the first Regional Kayak Regatta Podgorica 2019. The regatta will bring together a large number of fans of this sport from Montenegro and countries of the region,” announced the representatives of the Podgorica Tourist Organization.
Read more about sports events in Montenegro at TMN's dedicated page.
25 August 2019 - Budva won the City Games 2019 - Budva at the outdoor pools last night in Budva. The city was ruled by the great City Games euphoria broadcast live by the RTCG. The dramatic finale of the tenth season of popular water games was organized by the Budva Tourist Board and the Adria Events Agency. The version of the widely known Games Without Borders has once again justified its expectations with new scenery and numerous surprises for both the audience and the contestants in the final competition of Montenegro, as stated from the City Games Press Team.
In front of a crowded grandstand, six magnificent teams measured their strength and skill: Herceg Novi, Bar, Kotor, Podgorica, Tivat and Budva.
Teams competed in modern versions of fun traditional City Games such as wine, flying water polo, tourist rescue, ham, water basketball and paddle. The teams came with a great desire to win and represent their city in the best light. The fight was fierce, interesting and dynamic until the very end.
In the first game, where men have to bring grapes over barriers to a barrel where girls make wine, the Tivat team undoubtedly won the most points. In the next three games, the excellent team from Budva took over the safe lead as remained until the very end, with it winning gold medals, a cup and participation at the International City Games finals in Slovenia in 2020.
The Podgorica team woke up in the fifth game of water basketball, in which they scored the most points. The team from Herceg Novi lost most of the games in front of the Budva team, keeping the power for the last game paddle by scoring the most points, which also decided them to win second place. The bronze medals around the neck were proudly placed by the members of Tivat team who fought for third place with the team from Kotor.
For more information, the official website is www.city-games.com and the games can be followed on Facebook.
The Bocce national team of Montenegro was a participant in the Nations Cup held in Belgrade over the weekend. In competition with Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, host Serbia and Slovenia, Montenegro took fifth place. The national team went to Zemun in a weakened form, but this check ahead of the most significant competitions this year, namely the World Youth Bocce Championship which will be held in September in Italy and the World Senior Championship which will be organized by Turkey in November, succeeded. The big matches in Zemun took place from Friday to Sunday.
First place went to the Croatian team, which defended the throne, won last year when that country was the host. What makes the expert staff, led by selector Dejan Stjepcevic joyful, is the fact that Montenegro was competitive with all its rivals, that it was defeated by Croatia 9:5 after a big fight, and by Serbia, which won the bronze medal with 8:6.
"We had a great check and a great test for the planet championships that await us very soon. Ambitions are always the same when it comes to bocce representation. We have come back with a medal from almost every major competition in the last ten years, so we hope that this year will be finished with a medal in our showcases. We have many young and talented players who will have the opportunity to show that in Italy, and we also have a quality senior selection, of which, of course, the main trump card for the medal is Miroslav Miro Petkovic," said Montenegrin coach Dejan Stjepcevic.
In order to improve the work with both seniors and junior bocce selections, in the meantime, corrections were made, that is, the professional staff of the national team was strengthened.
Dejan Stjepcevic will have Nenad Rankovic as the first assistant in the Senior Bocce Team, while the legendary Miroslav Miro Petkovic, who will be assisted by Djuro Milanovic, is free to take over the young team and younger selections.
Source Radio Tivat
Montenegro national bocce (bowling) team will participate in the Nations Cup in Belgrade, as has been announced from National Bocce Association.
Bocce lovers and anyone who wants to get acquainted with this attractive sport will have an ideal opportunity to do so during this event, featuring Serbia, Montenegro, Croatia, Slovenia and BiH.
The competitions start on Friday nd the matches will be conducted until Sunday at the fields in Zemun (Altina).
The selection of Montenegro, which has returned from almost no major competition in the last ten or more years without a medal, is moving towards Belgrade with great ambitions. Selector Dejan Stjepcevic and coach Nenad Rankovic are taking Miroslav Petkovic, who belongs to the world cream when it comes to bocce to the competition, then Tomislav Rankovic, Marko Lukovic and Rade Zec.
"We look forward to the competition that follows. The Cup of Nations in Belgrade will be a nice opportunity for affirmation of bocce, for the promotion of this extremely attractive and dynamic sport. I invite everyone who knows bowling, as well as those who want to get acquainted with its charms to come to Zemun, to come to the open fields in Altina and to be convinced with what I have said. The Cup of Nations will also be a great check for all the selections, as the Youth World Cup for in Italy and the World Cup for Seniors in Turkey are coming soon, but that does not mean, of course, that the result is in the background. We will fight, we will do our best to reach the podium, as we did last year when we won the bronze medal, "said Montenegrin coach Dejan Stjepcevic.
The Cup of Nations is named "Bruno Lezije and Sandro Anzur", according to the legends of the world bocce, I.e. the people who started the competition, which has been gathering selections from the territory of the former Yugoslavia for ten years.