01 December 2018 - The Municipality of Budva, in cooperation with the Tourist Organization Budva, has provided an outdoor gym and exercise space for citizens of Budva, located near the swimming pool on the Slovenian beach.
Assistant Secretary of the Secretariat for Municipal Housing Affairs, Aleksandar Popović, said that the entire training center will be completed by the end of the day.
Popović said that they took care that the devices that were installed for the outdoor gym were of the highest possible quality.
"The appliances are made in America and Denmark, and every part of the device is made of aluminum and a special kind of stainless steel, which is resistant to seawater and does not require special maintenance," said Popović.
He pointed out that special devices for people with disabilities were also provided so that wheelchairs can access and perform certain exercises.
In addition to this gym, the Municipality will make three more outdoor gyms at the following locations: near the "red building", in the village of Beli Do, and on the central part of Bečići beach.
These three venues will be completed within two weeks.
The building of this outdoor gym was discussed during the summer, while the ground works were finished in the August. The total value of the project is estimated at 30.000 EUR. Read more information about outdoor gym in Budva here.
30 November 2018 - Olympiacos Piraeus was too strong for Budućnost VOLI in Round 10 of the 2018/19 EuroLeague regular season. The team from Podgorica suffered a defeat with the result of 92:70, after the Greek giant increased their pace in the third quarter of the game, scoring 32 points.
Budućnost stood up against their opponent in the first quarter, producing some big plays to score, and even managing to create an advantage of 13:10. Still, the Olympiacos' players demonstrated true team play on the court, overpowering the “Blue Team” from Montenegro with the score 25:20.
At the start of the second quarter, Budućnost showed its persistence, securing new points for a minor advantage over the Greeks (26:25). However, Olympiacos responded with a nine-point series again to reverse the result. Olympiacos increased the pace in the third quarter, scoring 32 points - 76:51. At that moment, luck turned its back for Budućnost, and it was clear that the Greek team would score the win.
In the last quarter, the advantage of the home team was only growing, but Budućnost managed to alleviate the defeat by the end of the match - 90:72.
The best player of the game was Zach LeDay (Olympiacos), who scored 28 points, with a 9/11 field goals made, eight rebounds and the Performance Index Rating of 42. In the “Blue Team” from Podgorica, Earl Clark scored 15 points; Nemanja Gordić 14 points, while Edwin Jackson finished the game with 12 points.
This was the eighth defeat for Budućnost VOLI, who managed to win two games in the EuroLeague. The match against Budućnost marks the sixth victory for the Greeks.
The next match for Budućnost VOLI is against Barcelona, on December 6th.
November 16, 2018 - Aleksandar Dzikic, the Buducnost coach, did not celebrate the ABA League title, so he calmly awaited the first Euro league celebration.
Buducnost Voli defeated Baskonia 99:84 in the seventh round of this prestigious competition.
"Baskonia is a big team that made us hit our borders. We won, that's the most important thing," Dzikic said.
Buducnost broke the Euro league record by the number of three shots - 21 shots from the line 6.75 were scored.
“We were scattered all around. We hit some goals in last second, and I am a better coach when we hit these shots," said Džikić.
Edwin Jackson was the most effective.
"Edwin is a player who is a beast when he is confident. What I liked most was that the teammates saw he was ready to receive balls, and that's progress," said Dzikic.
"Every player needs self-confidence, and we had some tough moments and matches, this was our best game so far. When we do not lose the ball, when we have only a few mistakes, we can do good things," said Dzikic.
The energy was high during the entire match.
"I think the team deserved the applause for fighting and for their energy. The fact that some disagree with that, that's fine, everyone has the right to their own opinion," Dzikic said.
Buducnost had many problems in preparing for the match, as Omić and Danilo Nikolic entered the game without training. The pressure, after six defeats, was great.
"We create the greatest pressure for ourselves because we are not here 'just for fun'. If we were here 'just for fun', nothing would hurt us," he said.
Text by Vijesti sport, on November 15th 2018, read more at Vijesti
12 November 2018 - On the occasion of the Jubilee 70 years since the founding of the Athletic Federation of Montenegro and 135 years of athletics in Montenegro, the Municipality of Pljevlja has won a Golden Plaque for the development of athletic sport in both Pljevlja and Montenegro. The Golden Plaque, as the highest recognition of the Athletic Federation of Montenegro, is awarded to individuals or organizations for many years of work and special results in the improvement of athletic sport as well as an exceptional contribution to increasing the reputation of Montenegro and Montenegrin athletics in the country and abroad.
The award ceremony will be held on November 17, 2018 (Saturday) at 12:00 PM in the Millennium hall at the Ramada Hotel in Podgorica.
The ceremony will be attended by President of the European Athletic Federation Svein Arne Hansen, Vice President of the European Athletic Federation and President of the Balkan Athletic Federation Dobromir Karamarinov, Presidents of Athletic Federations of countries from the region: Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Albania and Kosovo, Minister of Sport of Montenegro Nikola Janović, President of the Montenegrin Olympic Committee, Dušan Simonović, as well as numerous prominent athletic officials.
In addition to the municipality of Pljevlja, the Golden Plaque will be given to the Athletic Club "Rudar" and its coaches Budimir Jestrović and Slaviša Vraneš.
November 2, 2018 - It has been almost 500 days since the beginning of the reconstruction of the indoor pool in Kotor, and there is no announcement for the eventual completion. Tenders are being annulled, and time passes. Absurdly, but true: our athletes have traveled to the nearest pools for the last two years. And when they get there, they face another problem - there is not enough space.
Unfortunately, one pool is used by three clubs, which practically means that more than 100 people are in the pool at the same time, said the chairman of the president of the Democrat’s Committee from Kotor Slobodan Mačić.
He said that "between our political games, imposed bureaucracy and systemic irresponsibility of the state institutions in charge, are our children".
"Disappointed by the inability to solve this problem, they slowly lose their motivation, give up or even pursue their future in sports somewhere else outside the borders of Montenegro. Hereby, we request from the competent Public Works Directorate to finish the formal procedure and elect the contractor by the New Year and, if they fail to do so, inform us in a timely manner that they are unable to do so, so that through the Plan of the Directorate for Planning and the construction of Kotor we would seek a way to solve the problem. We also argue that if this process is not completed within a reasonable time, and in order to rescue water polo as a sport in Kotor, we, the Democrats from Kotor, will not seek the reasons for the delay, but we will call for clear responsibility for what was done, i.e. not being done on this project, of which the completion depends on the future of water polo and overall sports in Kotor," Macic said.
Text by Boka news, on November 1st 2018, read more at Boka news
November 1, 2018 - Montenegrin national team players Stefan Savic and Adam Marusic could change their clubs in January. Two clubs from Italy and one from England are interested in Savic.
Although they are doing great in the Serie A (six points more than Napoli) and the Champions League (three victories), Juventus is considering bringing in new reinforcements, and among the potential candidates to come to Turin is the defender of Atletico Madrid, announced calciomercato.com.
The Montenegrin defender has recently returned to the pitch after a break due to an injury he suffered on September 10th in a national team game for the Nations League and he is currently not the first choice of Diego Simeon.
However, not only Juventus has this idea. Milan is interested in Savic, who needs reinforcements in order to become a serious competitor in the battle for the place that leads to the Champions League. If Juve or Milan send a satisfactory offer to Atletico and Savic, it would be the return of the 28-year-old player to Serie A, where he played for Fiorentina from 2012 to 2015. He came to Florence from Manchester City, who BeIN Sports is also in ocontact with the defender from our national team.
The former FC Borca and Partizan player was a member in the 2011-12 season, having played 12 games in the Premier League. Apparently, Pep Guardiola believes that our ace will significantly boost competition in the central part of the defense, but the more realistic possibility is that Savic will return to Italy if a transfer from Atletico takes place.
Adam Marusic (26), a player who covers the right side of the field in Lazio, could go to England, however. He arrived in Rome in the summer of 2017 from Belgium's Ostend, and played brilliantly in last season, in which Simone Inzaghi's team in the final round remained without a place in the Champions League. Though his team is not so strong this year and lost all the duels against stronger rivals in Serie A, Marusic remained interesting to the giants. Liverpool and Tottenham are battling it for him, though their plans could be spoiled by Borussia Dortmund.
Text by Pobjeda, on November 1st, 2018, read more at CdM
October 28, 2018 - The basketball players of Buducnost will host Cedevita in the extremely important encounter of the ABA league 5th round.
October 26, 2018 - Two and a half months remain until the decisive matches of the Montenegrin volleyball players in qualifying for the European Championship. With three wins in the first four games in Group C, Veljko Bašić's team is at the forefront of their first placement in a major competition.