Adria Tour Will Be Held in Montenegro, Đoković is Convinced

By , 29 May 2020, 12:17 PM Sport
Adria Tour Will Be Held in Montenegro, Đoković is Convinced Novak Đoković, Source: Beta
May 29, 2020 - Novak Djokovic is convinced that one "Adria Tour" tournament will be held in Montenegro. "I think that the borders will open. We will play in Montenegro 90 percent," Djokovic told Serbian sports weekly "Sportski Žurnal."
 
The tournament is planned in Montenegro for June 27 and 28, and Djokovic said at the presentation of the tennis event, at the beginning of the week, that it is not yet sure whether it will be held due to, as he said, little time for the organization.
 
In the meantime, the Montenegrin Government passed a decision according to which Serbian citizens are not allowed to enter Montenegro. The Government of Croatia did the same, so, from that point of view, the tournament in Zadar, which is scheduled for the 20th and June 21.
 
The first tournament will be held in Belgrade on June 13th and 14th.

The Tennis Association of Montenegro is ready to help the organization Adria Tour

The President of the Tennis Association of Montenegro, Dimitrija Rasovic, said that Montenegro has the conditions to organize a tournament on the "Adria tour," to host Novak Djokovic and tennis aces. But, "the Tennis Association has not received any official notification about the initiative or anything related to it," ERaspvoć said to nova.rs. 
 
"I only had a short conversation with Dusan Orlandic (executive director of the Tennis Association of Serbia), but he told me that we would most likely talk during this and next week. I listened to what Novak said a few days ago at a press conference. He said then that "It is still questionable whether everything will be organized on the territory of Bosnia and Herzegovina and Montenegro. We will, as in everything so far, behave responsibly and correctly, but we cannot react if we have not received anything," Rašović told Nova.rs.
 
The ban on entering Montenegro from Serbia is also a problem.
 
"I don't even know how official the measure in question is. I wouldn't talk about political relations. I don't deal with that. I am a professor, I deal with other things in life, but I am also someone who has been in office in the Tennis Association of Montenegro for 15 or 16 years ", added Rašović.
 
Rašović says that Montenegro has several possible locations where the tournament could be held, on June 28 and 29.
 
"It is not a problem. Talking to Duško Orlandić, Porto Montenegro was mentioned, but we also have conditions in Ulcinj, Budva, Niksic, and other cities. It is not like when the Davis Cup is organized, which requires respect for specific requirements and rules. It all depends, but first, we need to see what will happen next ", concluded the Tennis Association of Montenegro.
 
Source: nova.rs, vijesti.me

Photo galleries and videos