Tourism Destination For All Seasons: Montenegro Close to Achieving this Goal

By , 11 Jan 2019, 22:13 PM Travel

January 11, 2019 - Last year, Montenegrin tourism achieved many record-breaking results, and post-season prolongation has shown that the country is pursuing a strategic goal to become a year-round tourist destination, said the National Tourism Organization's Director Željka Radak Kukavičić.

According to official figures from the Institute for Statistics for Collective Accommodation and Estimates of National Tourism Organisation and Local Tourism Organizations for Individual Accommodation, during the ten months of last year, Montenegro was visited by more than 2.1 million tourists who realized nearly 12.5 million overnight stays, said Radak Kukavičić in an interview with the agency Mina-business.
 
Compared to the same period in 2017, the number of tourists increased by about 10 percent and the number of overnight stays is more significant by eight percent. During the first nine months of last year, tourism turnover exceeded the total turnover achieved during 2017," said the National Tourism Organisation's Director.
 
According to the Central Bank (CBCG) data, foreign tourist revenues during the first ten months of last year exceeded one billion euros.
 
"After a great pre-season and a successful season, the post-season has also shown that Montenegro is going to achieve the strategic goal, which is to be a year-round tourist destination," said Radak Kukavicic.
 
The post-season lasted until November, so it almost merged with the beginning of the winter season, which is the primary goal of eliminating seasonality and wiping the seasonal boundary because Montenegro is interesting for tourists throughout the year.
 
"What has been remarkably marked in Montenegrin tourism last year, among other things, is the opening of 25 new hotels, which opened about a thousand new doors for tourists," said Radak Kukavičić.
 
She talked about the current offer in the winter season, saying that the state in the last period is becoming better positioned as a destination for New Year's Eve.
Director Radak Kukavičić announced that National Tourism Organisation would continue its activities in the direction of Montenegro as a high-quality tourist destination this year.

Photo galleries and videos