May 8, 2020 - The director of the National Tourist Organization, Zeljka Radak Kukavicic, said in an interview with Dnevne Novine that the initial phase of the tourist recovery would start in July.
Having in mind the excellent position of Montenegro, Radak Kukavicic says that there is moderate optimism that we will achieve a part of the high tourist season during July and August, again depending on the epidemiological situation in Europe.
According to the estimates of the UNWTO (United Nations World Tourism Organization), the initial phase of tourist recovery will begin in July 2020, and the essential part of tourist traffic will be domestic tourists and regional tourist demand. "Montenegro sees opportunities here, and it is quite certain that tourists will decide on closer destinations this year," said Radak Kukavicic.
Also, as she added, health safety and security are the priorities that tourists will be guided by when choosing a vacation destination.
"According to the estimates of eminent health experts, the 'winners' of the crisis so far are countries that are close to eradicating the virus, and among them is Montenegro, which is predicted to be one of the world's first corona-free zones," said Radak Kukavicic.
She announced that the goal is to create "green air corridors" with some countries that are at a similar epidemiological level as Montenegro, including Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Slovakia, the Czech Republic "
"Our focus is undoubtedly on domestic guests, whom we invite to spend their vacation in their country this year and use the opportunity to get to know some of the perhaps less researched segments of the various tourist offer. We believe that the tourism industry will provide additional motivation to domestic guests by offering exclusive benefits. We have intensified the promotion on social networks, through which every day we try to inspire past and future domestic and foreign tourists by reminding them of the rich tourist offer of Montenegro ", said Radak Kukavičić.
Source: Dnevne Novine