Update 7.51 pm:
Six new COVID-19 cases have been registered in Montenegro. All new positives are from Rožaje. 5️⃣ are contacts of previously ill patients, while the sixth can be connected with the stay in BiH. There are currently 65 active cases of coronavirus in Montenegro: Rozaje: 2️⃣8️⃣ Podgorica: 1️⃣7️⃣ Berane: 4️⃣, Bar: 3️⃣ Ulcinj: 3️⃣, Budva: 3️⃣, Bijelo Polje: 4️⃣ Cetinje: 2️⃣, Danilovgrad: 1️⃣
June 24, 2020 - According to the latest data of the Institute for Public Health, another five cases of coronavirus have been reported. New cases are from Rožaje (3), Berane (1) and Podgorica (1).
"Of the 69 samples analyzed, five were positive for coronavirus", Institute reported.
There are currently 59 COVID-19 cases in Montenegro:
Bijelo Polje: 4
Nine patients are under hospital treatment, and one of them is on a ventilator.
Among the currently active COVID-19 cases in Montenegro, there are no symptoms or signs that would indicate unusual events in the field or the clinical picture that would deviate from what was seen and described in previous cases of this virus, said the Institute of Public Health.
- Respiratory symptoms with fever predominate to the greatest extent. The proportion of asymptomatic cases is also significant, which is expected considering that the COVID-19 patients are mostly younger people who usually have fewer or indeed no symptoms - IJZ stated for the radio station Antena M.
The arrival of warmer days has contributed to lower morbidity in the entire northern hemisphere, according to the IPH. However, the question is still whether it is the effect of temperature, increased UV radiation, or altered social interactions and individuals' behavior.
- Considering the increase in the number of COVID-19 cases is already registered in the region and our country, the answer is most likely that the poor behavior and low-risk perception are responsible for the increase in the disease, and that these risk factors dominate above all others, including climate - they stated.
There are no valid scientific data to suggest any weaker virulence of the virus, nor is there an adequate biological explanation for this.
- Many changes in the virus genetic material have been recorded concerning the first sequence of the virus gene published on samples from China. Still, these changes are not significant in terms of number, nor can they be related to clinical events in COVID-19 patients.
As they explain, in this as well as in many other infections for which there are mostly no therapeutic modalities that would successfully deal with the cause of the disease, the focus in treatment is on therapy and alleviation of symptoms.
- Each patient is individual for himself, and the clinical picture is diverse. The therapy depends on individual patients and their problems following the general principles of treatment for COVID-19 - according to the IJZ.
The WHO announced that the development of 128 vaccine candidates is being monitored and that 13 of them are in the phase of clinical trials (human trials).
- The vaccine developed by a consortium led by the University of Oxford (working name "ChAdOx1-S") and which is the only vaccine in the third phase of clinical trials has advanced the most. A large group of healthy volunteers aged 18 to 55 are participating in this phase, randomly assigned to two groups, so that the protective effect of the vaccine can be determined by comparison. Volunteers will be monitored for 12 months, during which they will be periodically tested for COVID-19. Also, blood tests will be done during the study to see how the immune systems of the volunteers has reacted - said the Institute.
Source: Radio Tivat, Institute of Public Health