All documents should be submitted to the Ministry of Public Administration (Rimski trg #45, 81000 Podgorica, Montenegro), and a proper application should include:
- Step #1: NGO Register Application. This form can be downloaded from this link.
- Step #2: The Founding Act. This form can be downloaded from this link.
- Step #3: The Record from Founding Assembly. This form can be downloaded from this link.
- Step #4: NGO Statute. The example of this document can be downloaded from this link.
- Step #5: Photocopies of the founder's identity cards (or a certified copy of the passport, if one of the founders is a foreigner) / Founding documentation (Registration Decision and Tax Identification Number) if the founder is a legal entity.
- Step #6: Submit complete documentation personally or by post, to the archive of the Ministry of Public Administration, Rimski Trg 45, 81000 Podgorica. You will receive the number under which your subject is registered. The decision is made within ten days.
- Step #7: After receiving the decision from the Ministry of Public Administration, it is necessary to make an official seal of your NGO.
- Step #8: After obtaining the solution and making a seal, it is necessary to register with the Statistical Office of Montenegro - MONSTAT. For registration, it is needed to bring the following: (i) Copy of the decision on the registration of the NGO; (ii) Completed application for classification by activity. Download the SGR (Form RJR-1).
- Step #9: Opening an account with the Bank. It is necessary to bring the following to the selected bank: (i) Copy of the decision on the registration of the NGOs; (ii) Copy of the notice on the classification by activity - from the Statistical Office of Montenegro - MONSTAT; (iii) Filled and certified OP form (in court or notary). Download the OP form; (iv) Request for opening an account (the form is taken at the bank); (v) Card of deposited signatures (the form is taken at the bank); (vi) The contract on opening and keeping accounts (form is received at the bank); (vii) Proof of payment (the form is taken at the bank); (viii) If an NGO is registered in the CRPS (eng. Central Register of Business Entities), it is necessary to submit a certificate of registration in the CRPS;
- Step #10: NGOs must have a Tax Identification Number. When going to the Tax Administration Office, it is necessary to bring: (i) The decision on registration in the register of non-governmental organisations; (ii) Extract from the record for classification, issued by the Statistical Office of Montenegro (MONSTAT); (iii) Bank account (card of deposited signatures); (iv) Filled JPR Form (The first side and Appendix A);
Source in Montenegrin: Asistent.me