UPDATE 5.15 pm: Since the last cross-section, the Institute of Public Health has completed PCR analysis of 456 samples for the new coronavirus, among which 60 newly-positive cases were detected. One death was reported to the Institute of a COVID-19 patient from Nikšić. Another 182 patients have recovered, bringing the total number of recoveries since mid-June to 1554. The total number of active COVID-19 cases in Montenegro is currently 1439, the IPH reported.
August 4, 2020 - The laboratories of the Institute of Public Health have completed PCR analysis of another 306 samples for the new coronavirus, among which 43 new cases of COVID-19 infection were discovered yesterday. The total number of active COVID-19 cases in Montenegro is currently 1562.
One COVID-19 patient from Podgorica, treated at the Clinical Center of Montenegro, has died. The number of deaths related to COVID-19 since mid-June is 43. Since the registration of the first cases of coronavirus in mid-March, 52.
The recovery of 242 patients has been reported, and the total number of recoveries since June 14 is 1372.
Since the beginning of the first wave of the epidemic in Montenegro, on March 17, the total number of registered COVID-19 cases is 3301.
Mugoša: The COVID-19 epidemic is not subsiding
The Director of the Institute of Public Health, Boban Mugoša, said that 870 people were in self-isolation and that 25 were in quarantine.
"These figures show that we are in a situation of continuing high levels of infection. We have a large number of new patients every day, which indicates that we must look closely at our behavior," said the Director of the IPH.
NKT: Free movement for residents of Russia and Azerbaijan
Residents of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Azerbaijan will be allowed to enter Montenegro without additional conditions, the National Coordination Body for Infectious Diseases has decided.
This was decided upon at the Operational Headquarters' request, to support the Tourism Economy, which has also sought the liberalization of relations with neighboring countries.
"Considering the epidemiological situation in our countries, and especially the reliability and relevance of available data, as well as the needs of our tourism industry and the national interests of Montenegro, the National Coordination Body for Infectious Diseases has assessed that there are no obstacles to liberalizing entry for Russian and Azerbaijani residents."
The decision on free circulation for the citizens of surrounding countries has been extended until the IPH submits an epidemiological risk assessment for Montenegro based on the liberalization of the entry of residents from neighboring countries individually," said a statement issued after yesterday's NKT session.
About 100 children with COVID-19 infection in the second wave of the epidemic
In Montenegro, about 100 children have been infected with coronavirus in the second wave of the epidemic, said the Director of the pediatric clinic of the Institute for Childhood Diseases, Veselinka Đurišić.
Speaking to RTCG, she said that since the beginning of June three children had been hospitalized at the Institute for Childhood Diseases of the Clinical Center of Montenegro, as asymptomatic COVID-19 patients.
Đurišić stated that the children were suffering from milder forms of COVID-19 and that there were no more seriously ill children.
"These are children who often have no particular symptoms, yet this does not diminish the importance of these patients because they can be carriers of the disease. In cases where they do display symptoms, they are not severe and are respiratory in nature," stated Đurišić.
"There have been no children on mechanical ventilation. They have not required the use of oxygen, except for a short period when we admit them, assess them and then quickly release them for home treatment," said Đurišić.