July 22, 2020 - In the last 24 hours, the Institute of Public Health completed the PCR analysis of 621 samples for the new coronavirus, among which 91 were COVID-19 positive. The total number of active COVID19 cases in Montenegro is 1937.
Four deaths have been reported in the last 24 hours from the municipalities of Žabljak, Tivat, Rožaje, and Pljevlja. The total number of deaths since the beginning of June related to COVID-19 is 30.
The recovery of 70 individuals has been reported, bringing the total number of recoveries since June 14 to 181.
The number of active COVID-19 cases by municipality:
Bijelo Polje 192
Herceg Novi 41
One-hundred-sixty-four COVID-19 patients in hospitals
The Clinical Center of Montenegro is treating 25, Bar 35, Berane 59, Nikšić 25, Brezovik 9, Codra 2 and Rožaje 9, said Dr. Nemanja Radojević, Assistant Director of the Clinical Center.
There are 16 patients in the Clinical Center at the Infectious Diseases Clinic, all of them in stable health. There are eight patients in the Internal Clinic, three of whom are in a life-threatening condition and are on a respirator. One patient in the orthopedic ward has tested positive.
There are three COVID-19 patients in Berane with a severe clinical picture. In Bar, all patients are in a stable condition, in Nikšić, one patient is in a critical health condition, but he is not on a respirator, said Radojević.
When he spoke about the deceased in the past 24 hours, the patients in question were those from 1952 to 1958, of whom only one patient had previous comorbidities.
There are 77 COVID-19 positive workers in the health system.
Mugoša: Counter- COVID-19 measures adequate to the situation
The Director of the Institute of Public Health Dr. Boban Mugoša said at today's conference that counter-COVID-19 measures were adopted to try to resolve the situation in the fastest possible way and that those in the north had begun to yield results.
"Restrictive measures will remain in force for the next seven days because they are starting to give results in the north, and we must implement them to the end of the period for which they remain in force."
Speaking about the measure of compulsory masks across Montenegro, both outdoors and indoors, Mugoša said that the IPH considers it a necessary step because the disease is spreading in those areas where there was previously no infection.
Mugoša said that all manifestations and all gatherings represent a risk, regardless of the number of people present.
The CCE seeks clarification regarding the measure of mandatory masks
The Center for Civic Education (CCE) has asked the National Coordination Body for Infectious Diseases to urgently clarify the measure of mandatory wearing of protective masks in open and closed spaces, which is in force throughout Montenegro as of today.
"Official announcements state that the wearing of protective masks applies to everyone, including children older than seven (7) years. The only exceptions are beaches and national parks, subject to physical distance, and previously prescribed measures, as well as family housing," recalls the CCE and asks NKT to "clarify whether participants in public gatherings and guests on TV have to wear masks because there are many who do not."
"The question is whether masks are mandatory in such circumstances, i.e., whether there are exceptions that are not clearly indicated and known to the public."
The CCE expects that National Coordination Body for Infectious Diseases, "to respect this measure consistently, specify it, and send a public appeal to the organizers of any gathering to ensure compliance with this measure for all events under their jurisdiction."