May 17, 2020 - Today is the 12th day since no new coronavirus case has been reported in Montenegro. Two more persons have recovered which means that there are only four active cases.
Total number of recovered cases is 311. Around 1,151 persons are under watch. Nine persons have died due to coronavirus.
Montenegro has already opened its border for nautical tourism. Having regard to the expectation that we are going to be a corona-free destination, conditions for the tourism season will be created soon, said PM, Mr Dusko Markovic, during the presidency over phone conference summit of CEI countries.
“Taking into account efforts undertaken so far in the protection of public health, I believe we agree that we need to step into that process carefully and with synchronicity, with complementarity of national measures with those at regional and European level. Therefore, I think it is extremely important that we strengthen cooperation in healthcare, customs and transport area and enable synchronized measures of control, prevention of the spread of the virus and border crossings management ", Mr Markovic said.
Secretary for tourism in the Ministry of Tourism and Sustainable Development of Montenegro, Mr Damir Davidović, warned all caterers and citizens to adhere to measures of the National Coordination Body, keep physical distance, wear masks. He reminded what the tasks of the caterers were. He said that inspectors regularly performed controls and hadn’t identified many irregularities so far. Everybody has to adhere to advice to prevent escalation of the virus as that would mean that the season “is definitely lost,” he said. Opening borders will be defined in line with the recommendations of the National Coordination Body for Infectius Diseases, he reminded.