COVID-19 in Montenegro: 233 Infected, Two deaths, Update April 6, 2020

By , 06 Apr 2020, 23:18 PM News
COVID-19 in Montenegro: 233 Infected, Two deaths, Update April 6, 2020 Illustration, Source: Vijesti Online
April 6, 2020 - With 19 new cases reported today, the number of COVID-19 patients in Montenegro has risen to 233. Two people infected with coronavirus have died. In the last 24 hours, 194 people have been tested, according to the Institute of Public Health. Newly ill persons are from Podgorica (11) and Niksic.
 

Number of COVID-19 patients by municipalities:

Podgorica: 115
Sad: 34
Niksic: 28
Bar: 19
Ulcinj: 9
Andrijevica: 7
Bijelo Polje: 6
Herceg Novi: 6
Budva: 4
Tivat: 2
Danilovgrad: 3
 
At today's press conference, Head of Crisis Medical Staff, prof. Dr. Ranko Lazovic urged citizens to use protective masks to protect themselves and others, and once again said that care should be taken as often as possible about hand hygiene and physical distance.
 
He explained that only the first contacts with COVID-19 patients should be tested, not their connections. "The first contacts go into self-isolation or quarantine," Lazovic said.
 
The director of the Emergency Block of the Clinical Center, Dr. Nermin Abdić, said that the measure of prohibition of movement in the evening hours is not a measure of repression, and called on all citizens for responsible behavior.
 
Lazovic told a baby whose mother had COVID-19 was born at Kodra Hospital today. According to him, the birth was done by cesarean section by all world standards and procedures for pregnant women positive for coronavirus. The baby was separated from its mother, tested today, and the tasting will be repeated, Lazovic said.
 
Lazovic said there were 223 coronavirus patients in Montenegro, 39 of which hospitalized at the moment. There are three patients in the Intensive Care Unit at the Clinical Center of Montenegro, two of whom are on respirators. Lazovic reported 20 healthcare workers in Montenegro were infected with COVID-19.
 
Director of the Emergency Block of the Clinical Center Abdic reiterated that there are more than enough respirators so far - 72 in the facility and a total of 59 hospitals in other hospitals.
 
When asked if the plan is to test all citizens, as announced in Croatia, Head of the Crisis Medical Staff, Dr. Ranko Lazovic said it was possible. He noted, however, that the current assessment of the epidemiological situation still does not mean that extensive tests should be conducted.
 
He stressed Montenegro is among the leading countries in the world in terms of coverage of tested potential patients in terms of population.

Photo galleries and videos