Due to increased interest and holidays, the organizing committee of the Seventh Regional Festival of Fantastic Literature "REFESTICON" has decided to extend the deadline for submission of the stories by May 10th. As announced, the deadline will be extended according to the same terms and conditions of the competition, so that interested writers from all over the region will have the opportunity to participate in the competition for the collection titled “Dragon of Vrazji firovi”.
The stories will be anonymously evaluated by an international jury composed of prominent writers and organizers of partner festivals. The organizers added that up to now about one hundred stories were received in the region and for the collection of elementary and high school students.
Terms for the competition:
- It is necessary that the themes relate to the dragon motif, preferably connected to Cave of Vrazji firovi (Djalović's Cave).
- Only unpublished stories (epic or science fiction, fantasy, horror) can be submitted to the competition;
- The action can take place in the past, the present or the future;
- Stories can be written in Montenegrin, Serbian, Croatian or Bosnian language, ranging from 3 to 8 pages;
- One author may submit only one unpublished story in any form and is liable for its authorship;
- The deadline for sending a story is May 10th, 2019;
- Selected stories are not paid and there are no prizes given to the best one;
- The selection of stories will be conducted by an international jury, while the results will be published before the festival;
- Selected stories will be published in a collection that will premiere at the 7th Regional Festival of Fantastic Literature REFESTICON 2019 held in Bijelo Polje, Montenegro.
Text by radiobijepopolje.me, on May 3rd, 2019, read more at CdM