Montenegro Generated 160 Million EUR from Fuel Excise, 2 Million from Water Resources in 2018

By , 12 Mar 2019, 19:52 PM Business
Montenegro Generated 160 Million EUR from Fuel Excise, 2 Million from Water Resources in 2018 Copyrights: Pixabay

Share this:

11 March 2019 - Last year, the state generated revenues of 163.7 million EUR from fuel excise taxes, which is by 4% higher when compared to 2017 when revenues amounted to 157.3 million EUR, the Ministry of Finance of Montenegro reported.

The diesel excise tax is 0.44 per liter EUR, while the excise tax on gasoline Euro super 98 and 95 amounts to 0.54 EUR per liter, the Ministry of Finance of Montenegro explained, adding that revenues generated from mineral oils make 66.9% of the total revenues from taxes.

The excise duty last time was changed two years ago when it went up by 0.09 EUR. On the question whether the state plans to decrease the fuel excise duty in this year, the Ministry of Finance of Montenegro emphasized such a decision required the drafting of an in-depth analysis, primarily due to its impact on the budget.

Similarly, 23 concessionaires were able to use considerable water resources of Montenegro in 2018, and at least 2.16 million EUR of revenue will be generated from water tariffs.

There have been 23 concessions – 14 agreements on the use of water for bottling, two agreements for water supply, one agreement for fish-farming and propulsion and technological needs respectively, and five agreements for water bottling which are now in the termination procedure.

As far as water tariffs are concerned, Water Management calculates them for one calendar year. According to the final statement, water tariffs for 2017 amount to 2.28 million EUR in total. Around 1.69 million EUR goes on the use of water. Concessions for water bottling amount 103,526 EUR and 18,636 EUR for water supply and bottling of water for the concessionaires who failed to build factories.

 

The final statement will be finished this month.

Funds paid this way are divided in such a way that 30% belongs to the state budget, and the remaining 70% is divided among municipalities where the managed water is being used.

Photo galleries and videos